Model U.N. is going strong at St. Ambrose Academy! The team continues to grow and our delegates have won awards at each conference they’ve attended. At Washington University in St. Louis, our team was named “Best Small School Delegation” in the Fall of 2014.
Highlights from 2013-14:
The St. Ambrose team represented Yemen in the General Assembly. All six of our delegates were very involved in their subcommittees and main committees and were also one of the most active delegations at the over 300 delegate General Assembly.
Five out of the eight resolutions that passed were sponsored in part by one of our delegation (which is an accomplishment that is very rare), and all of them spoke in the General Assembly. They received many compliments and congratulations!
First Main Committee: Disarmament and International Security
- Assurance of Non-Nuclear-Weapon States Against the Threat or use of Nuclear Weapons
- Developments in the Field of Information and Telecommunications in the Context of Information Security
Third Main Committee: Social, Humanitarian, and Cultural
- Measures to Combat Slavery and Human Trafficking
- Measures to Prevent the Exploitation of Refugees and Internally Displaced Persons
Fourth Main Committee: Special Political and Decolonization
- Review of Peacekeeping Procedures
- State of Palestine